Thursday, November 13, 2008

they were on to my circumstantial slide

I don't know if this blog has gone where I want it to go. When I started it last year it was kind of a lark and I didn't have any idea what shape it would eventually take. I justified doing it because if nothing else, it would be an outlet for my writing where I could even receive some feedback if anybody was willing to slog through my flaccid drivel. I never meant for you to come here just for the pictures and I certainly didn't intend to become one of those "lifeblogger" people. For a while I had a few other creative projects tentatively hanging around, but lately I haven't been productive and it's starting to get to me. I've been sloth-like and cranky, restless and frustrated, and frankly, I feel like shit.

So. Here's the plan: more content. I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but I am going to figure it out. I think I'm going to take it easy with the concrete goals (I am fickle and don't like rules, even when I make them), but I hope to get at least one creative piece up here every week. The personal stuff will keep coming too, at least for a while, so don't get your panties in a pickle. Thanks for your patience while I pull myself together.

Oh, and one last thing.

4 comments:

carly said...

I love that spider letter sequence. There was a photographer who did that sort of thing in his exhibits, but I can't remember his name. One of the pieces was nasty letters from a bill collector, and his pathetic responses, and then a copy of the letter he sent back with a contact print of images of him "killing" himself, and their apologetic response. The best, however, was that he would take pictures of himself standing in front of this lady's house and mail them to her, and get threatening letters back from this frightened old woman. This continued for quite a while, and the photographs he sent were increasingly absurd as he would get closer to the house and seemingly more comfortable in that space as time went on.

Have you ever sent any of your manuscripts off to any literary magazines? You really should, they are desperate for nonfiction above all else.

Frank said...

Write about whatever you wish and I will still read it with interest. Just don't go with the "My blog is boring so I'm gonna delete it," because that would make me sad.

Also, I will now start paying all my bills with spider pictures.

jesse said...

Hey what happened to that site you were working for?

V said...

Frank: You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you. I feel the same way about yours, as well.

Carly: Right now I'm working on a submission for something, but if I talk about it I'll just be setting myself up for failure. I will let you know if I pull it together in time. Literary mags are next, though.

Jesse: I don't know, I think it was a bunch of hooey. Judging from the content currently on the site, it seems like what they're really looking for are semi-talented message board flamers. I'm not trying to be the next Perez Hilton or some freak internet star, so I've basically written it off. I had some other things I was planning to collaborate on with some pals, but those have fizzled or been shelved temporarily.