Friday, December 7, 2007

christmas in nyc. . . again.

So here's the big news: It appears that I am NOT going home to Fla. for Christmas.

For my Florida friends: Sorry, I know a lot of you don't live there anymore, either, and this is the only time you'll be back in the Fort. Guess I'll see you on, I dunno, Memorial Day? Next Christmas? For those of you who do live in Fla. full-time. . . I'm planning a long, leisurely trip down in mid-January, so let's make plans to get together then, ok?

And for my New York friends: For the second year in a row, I'll be here in NYC, sans family or roommate. "Lonely guy, table for one," and all that. Anyone else in the same position? If so, let's do something fun. Dinner at my place? I'll cook. I know how. Ask anyone whose been lucky enough to find out. Dance party? Backgammon tournament? Boozy storytelling? You tell me. Get in touch. Let's not end up down at the soup kitchen, crying in our Night Train, like we did last year.

Or was that just me?

xo
Val

1 comment:

jesse said...

did I just post an accidental comment?

I'm sorry to hear about the florida no-go, I know you were really looking forward to that.